Monday, January 28, 2013

MFT WSC Sketch #108

Hello!

I finally had a chance to play along with MFT's Wednesday Stamp Challenge - Sketch #108...and by 'finally', I mean I've been trying to play along since the WSC's inception!  (It's about time!)

Here's the sketch:

And here's my take on it:

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  PTI "World Map", "Heart-2-Heart #11",, "Destination"; Simon Says Stamp "Plenty of Hearts"
Dies:  Simon Says Stamp "Large Hearts"
Cardstock:  PTI "Classic Kraft", "Ripe Avocado"
Other:  Distress Stains (Peeled Paint, Broken China), Filligree Clear Embossing Powder, PTI Rustic Jute Button Twine, eyelets

You know those cards that sort of take on a life of their own?  Yeah.  This actually started out with the intention of being my father-in-law's birthday card... before any hearts were added, of course!  I had the Heart-2-Heart stamp set sitting out, and the sentiment caught my eye....and that was the end of the birthday card!  The accent hearts are from Simon Says Stamp's "Plenty of Hearts" set - ummm, woodgrain hearts?!  *love!*  I heat embossed the map image with clear ep, then messed around with Distress Stains to get the colour on it.   I can't really explain the eyelets & twine... in the end, I thought they resembled some sort of system to hang the map on the wall...turned out kind of funky, and I like it, either way! The green panel is stamped with the swirly trail image from PTI's "Destination" set, and then popped up.... and that was that! 

Have a great day!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!